You are part of a growing group of sailors who are focusing on sailing and less on maintenance. That being said, this is a good time to go over a few items to check out for the new boating season:
The Electric Yacht system has only one (make that two) maintenance items – there are two zirk fittings above the shaft on the front and rear of the frame. Once a year it is a good idea to give them a fresh squeeze of marine grease. Not too much and we also recommend that you wipe off excess. This is to make sure any moisture is removed and that the bearings are protected.
- Checking batteries are likely the most important part of the yearly routine. You should do a check every month with a volt meter, but one a year a though one. The batteries should be at the same voltage or very close. If on is not, charge it individually. Loosen the lug bolts, clean the terminals, squirt on some battery maintenance fluid, tighten the bolts down snug and flat to the battery and make sure that the washer(s) are not between the lug and the batteries.
- Inspect the battery and electric cables – lugs tight – good heatsinks.
- If the motor is dusty or dirty, this is a good time to clean it off.
- Make sure all the nuts are tight and you should use blue Locktite on all nuts and bolts. This helps make sure that un-common metals do not react to each other and also makes it easier to remove in the future.
- Inspect the belt(s). We really do not know how long the belts will last as we have been using them in our motors for 7 years now. If you have wear on the belt please tell us about it so that we can understand how they are performing.
Tell us how the system is performing. We always like to see pictures and hear stories.
STR Europe now proposes you the ENECOM Solar Panels that offer a wider range of high quality photovoltaic panels.
Flexible, light, thin, waterproof, seawater and UV resistant, ENECOM Solar panel uses mono and poly crystalline silicium technologies that double the solar panel efficiency compared to panels on the market.
ENECOM solar panels have been selected for their great adaptability: easy to install on any structure, including biminis and decks, and also can be complemented with a full range of junction accessories (cables, junction boxes) and charge regulators.
Fully concerned by the design of your boat, the ENECOM conceptors have developped 3 colour options: black, white or transparent, to circle the photovoltaic cells and suit your boat design and style.
The recyclable ENECOM photovoltaic module is the perfect solar energy conversion system that fits with our Lithionics batteries .
Get 100% green and clean energy for your boat.
More Electric Propulsion Systems in Outboard and Inboard configurations for our clients
Find all Torqeedo products in the CATALOGUE HERE